Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9/3/08

if you really love me, then let's make a vow
right here, together, right now. okay?
okay.
alright, repeat after me.
i'm gonna be free
i'm gonna be free
and i'm gonna be brave
i'm gonna be brave
good. and the next one is i'm gonna live each day as if it's gonna be my last
oh, that's good
you like that?
yeah.
then say it.
i'm gonna live each day as if it were gonna be my last.
fantastically.
fantastically.
courageously.
courageously.
with grace.
with grace.

and in the dark of the night, and it does get dark
when i call a name
when i call a name
it'll be your name.
what's your name
nevermind, lets go say it
lets go
everywhere
everywhere
even though
even though
we're scared
cos it's life
and its happening
its really really happening.

now let's kiss to make it real, okay?
right now.



i'm rewatching, me you and everyone i know
and remembering why i liked it in the first place
and wondering why it's taken me so long to revisit it.

in other news,
i wrote a poem about you two days ago.
it doesn't have a title,
only the date to signify the time in our history
that you tested your lungs by yelling "blah, blah, blah"
in my direction.
after i finish this poem
i will be wearing earplugs in your presence
so rest those pipes darling
and talk to the hand
cos i'm not listening.

No comments: