Sunday, January 18, 2009

no sense crying over split coffee.

"It looks like you are well aware that your drinking has a negative outcome. Look through the textbook for this class, we will be covering a lot of topics that should be of help to you."

-a message from my college success skills teacher.


next time i go out i'm gonna be all

HEY GIRL HEY
with some sparkling grape juice!
(even start dressing up for parties that don't require it)


so i was talking to some friends
that came in to eat this morning.
and when you talk about the reasons
you broke up with your boyfriend
(in my case alcohol)
you realize how silly it was for you to
stay with him (booze)
for as long as i did
(many years of unconditional love
and painful mornings when he tricked me
into hanging out and then left me sick
at sunrise after a night of looking like
"the crazy bitch" girlfriend)
anyways,
the conversation confirmed the fact
i am doing the right thing for me.
i need to break the shackles that he
(vodka, sparks, joose, CHAMPAGNE -- some of his many names)
has on my heart
(liver, social life, relationship status, work ethic, bank account)
and just be alone (in reality) for a while.

No comments: